Chester County, PA Real Estate
Archive for the Category ◊ Chester County news ◊
• Sunday, February 10th, 2013
Chester County Real Estate Market Comparison Jan 2012 To Jan 2013
Here is the latest statistics about real estate market in Chester county presented by Nadia Huliai. This report shows you a comparison of settled real estate activity in Chester county, PA in January 2012 vs. 2013. You can see the number of settled units went up by 7 from 281 from 288.
There are couple of great news for home sellers and for those watching the real estate market.
- Sold prices are up by about %7-10 compared to last January. This is great news for sellers as you are getting more money for your home.
- More homes are getting sold quicker. There were 103 homes sold within 30 days of listing it compared to only 69 last year this tome. This is almost %50 jump and it is another great news for sellers.
- Less homes are sitting on the market unsold for 6 months or more. Almost %39 drop in number of homes sitting in market over 6 months is another great news.
Homes selling quicker is a sure sign of having more demand from buyers in Chester county real estate market. This higher demand is driving the home prices up which is a great thing to hear if you are planning on selling your home. Enjoy these statistics for now and let me know if you would like to see any other reports that I can post on my blog for you.
If you are planning to sell your home, don’t hesitate to contact me to help you list your home and market it in the most effective way.
• Wednesday, June 27th, 2012
Are You Planning to Sell Your Home?
Click on the below link to get a free professional home value evaluation by Chester County Realtor, Nadia Huliai.
Schedule of local fireworks and activities that will be held in Chester County this 4th of July 2012 weekend.
It's always a good idea to double check with the location to verify times, fees, parking info and other details before heading out as this information could be out dated.
July 1, 2012 – Sunday
- Celebrate Coatesville - 9:00PM - FREE - Firework show starts at dusk. Full day of activities for kids and adults. Starts at noon. Bike races will begin at 1PM. More Info.
- Miller Memorial Park in Exton - Celebration events start at 6:30PM. 3 Shades of Blue & The Chester County Concert Band. Fireworks begin at 9:30PM. (Rain Date, July 8) More Info.
July 2, 2012 – Monday
North Coventry Fire Company Fair in Pottstown- Fun for all- Rides, Food, Games - 6PM-10PM. Fair runs until July 7th. More Info.
July 3, 2012 – Tuesday
- Longwood Gardens – Fireworks start at 9:15PM - Entrance Fee More Info.
July 4, 2011 – Wednesday
- Kerr Park in Downingtown - Good Neighbor Day and Fireworks - FREE- Activities and fun for all! Food, crafts, games, rides...Starts at 8AM with Run for Life and 5K Freedom Walk. Fireworks Grand Finale- at dusk. More Info.
- Wilson Farm Park in Tredyffrin (500 Lee Rd, Chesterbrook, PA)-FREE - Fireworks begin at dusk. Chester County Concert Band– 7:15PM-9:15PM. More Info.
- Friendship Field in Phoenixville (corner of Fillmore Street and Franklin Avenue) - Fireworks begin at 9:00PM. - FREE - Rain date July 5th. More Info.
- Johnson Park in Berwyn – Family Picnic and Bike Parade. 11AM More Info.
- West Goshen Community Park (N. Five Points & Fern Hill Rd) - Decorated Bike Parade - Free for West Goshen Residents - 10AM. More Info.
July 6, 2012 - Friday
- Minch Park in Parkesburg (3rd Ave and Gay St) - Fire Company Fair. Fireworks start at dusk. More Info.
July 7, 2012 – Saturday
- Lionville Park -Uwchlan Community Day. 4PM-8PM. Music by Chico's Vibe. Fireworks start at dusk. More Info.
- North Coventry Fair and Fireworks. (Rt 724 East of the Coventry Mall). All you can Ride pay one price 3PM- Close. Fireworks start at 10:30PM. More Info.
Just took some pictures from yesterday's Fireworks show @ Longwood Gardens
Click to see the Photo Gallery
Here are some of the pictures that I took at Longwood Gardens Show 2011.
• Monday, April 16th, 2012
Just wanted to share the latest real estate market data with you. West Chester real estate market seems to be picking up by looking at the housing numbers for March 2012. Even though real estate market is picking up, it is still a good news, bad news situation for home sellers. more…
• Friday, September 09th, 2011
The 26th Annual Mushroom Festival in Kennett Square, PA
If you are looking for something to do this weekend, check out the Mushroom Festival in Kennett Square, PA. This fun packed festival is full great events such as live concerts, Carnivals, ,Parades, Antique Car shows, Cooking Competitions, remote control air show and many children’s events. Don’t miss this great 3 day outdoor event to enjoy the final days of summer.
Dates and Times
Friday, September 9: Community Parade kicks off at South and Broad, 6 p.m.
Saturday, September 10: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday, September 11: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. more…
• Friday, August 05th, 2011
Here is a very entertaining story about how the owner of ForSaleByOwner.com used a Realtor to sell his own house. If selling your home at a market price yourself was that easy, he would have done it himself and used his own web site. This is a very good indicator of return you will get selling your home as FSBO vs. using a real estate agent.
Colby Sambrotto, who founded a website for DIY-real estate, just sold his Chelsea apartment for $2.15million.
The founder of a website helping people to sell their own homes has found a buyer for his own apartment – with the help of a traditional real estate broker.
ForSaleByOwner.com creator Colby Sambrotto even paid the standard 6% commission after selling his two-bedroom New York condo for $2.15 million.
According to the Wall Street Journal, Mr. Sambrotto spent six months trying to sell the apartment in trendy Chelsea through online listings and classified adverts.
But the DIY home selling guru eventually decided to turn the sale over to a professional.
Not only did broker Jesse Buckler set the price $150,000 higher than the original asking price, he went on to lure the elusive buyer Mr. Sambrotto’s self-help methods had failed to attract.
The Journal said the 2,000-square-foot apartment at The Lion’s Head building near Sixth Avenue is now under contract.
• Thursday, August 04th, 2011
West Chester Borough Real Estate Market Statistics June 2011
Here is the latest statistics about real estate market in West Chester Boro for June 2011 presented by Nadia Huliai. 11 homes were successfully settled in June. Total price paid for all 11 homes was $4,001,900. Out of 11 homes that were sold, 7 of them were 3 bedroom properties and the remaining 4 had 4 or more bedrooms. Looking at the sales data for all homes sold in West Chester borough, the average selling price was $363.810 but the Median price which is more indicative was $299.900. Below is the real estate market report for settled homes in West Chester borough in June, 2011. more…
• Wednesday, August 03rd, 2011
Chester County Real Estate Market Statistics May 2011 To July 2011
Here is the latest statistics about real estate market in Chester county presented by Nadia Huliai. This report shows you a comparison of last 3 months of real estate activity in Chester county, PA. You can see the number of listed units fell about %40 (1011 down to 650) in July compared to May 2011 since May is a busy month for both home shoppers and home sellers. Number of pending units also fell from 488 in May to 301 in July. In contrast number of sold units is up from 379 in May to 415 in July. This is most likely due to properties closing that went in to pending earlier in May. more…
• Friday, July 15th, 2011
July 15, 2011 – Friday
- Malvern Fire Company Fair. Fair runs Tues July 12 – Saturday July 16, 2011, 6PM to 10PM. Fireworks start approximately at 9:30PM. Rain Date: Saturday July 16, 2011.
July 23, 2011 – Saturday
- Longwood Gardens – “Summer Pops”, 9:15 PM. Entrance Fee
August 13, 2011 – Saturday
- Longwood Gardens – Stravinsky ‘Stravaganza, starting 9:15 PM. Entrance Fee
September 3, 2011 – Saturday
- Longwood Gardens – “Summer Pops”, starting at 9:15 PM. Entrance Fee
This schedule is obtained from ChesterCountyFireworks.com
• Wednesday, July 06th, 2011
• Sunday, July 03rd, 2011
Schedule of local fireworks that will be held in Chester County this 4th of July weekend – 2011.
July 3, 2011 – Sunday
- Celebrate Coatesville - FREE - Fireworks at dusk along with a day of kids’s events, noon to 9PM, . details MAP
- Exton Miller Park – Exton – Independence Day Celebration – The Bryn Mawr Mainliners & The Chester County Concert Band. Concerts at 7PM, Fireworks at more…